WILD BLUEBERRY SMOOTHIE BOWL
A smoothie bowl is an extra-thick smoothie that’s served in a bowl instead of a glass, often with chopped fruits, nuts or granola as a topping. By combining greens, fruits, and proteins, you can create a balanced smoothie bowl to enjoy for breakfast, lunch, or as a refreshing post-workout meal. Here’s a look at the key components of smoothie bowls, thier health benefits, and a delicious recipe for you to try out on your own!
Smoothie bowl recipes contain many healthy ingredients. The base of a smoothie bowl typically contains healthy green vegetables, such as kale or spinach, which are rich in vitamins and fiber. Mix in a cup of fresh or frozen berries to add some sweetness and a big dose of vitamin C.
The other ingredients of smoothie bowls add protein and healthy fats. Meals that include protein and fat can keep you feeling fuller for longer than meals that only include carbs. The liquid and fiber in a smoothie bowl can also help to fill your stomach, keeping the urge to snack at bay.
1 cup frozen Wild Blueberries (optional raspberries)
1 frozen banana, peeled
¾ cup unsweetened vanilla almond milk
1 scoop vanilla protein powder (optional)
1 teaspoon chia seeds
1 tablespoon rolled oats
1 teaspoon unsweetened shredded coconut
2 tablespoons frozen Wild Blueberries
2 teaspoons cane sugar (optional)
balsamic vinegar (optional)
garnish with coconut, strawberries, walnuts, sunflower seeds! Make it your own!
- Combine frozen Wild Blueberries, banana, almond milk, vinegar, and protein powder (if using) in a blender.
- Blend on high until fully combined.
- Pat dry additional two tablespoons of frozen Wild Blueberries, and roll in cane sugar if using.
- Pour smoothie into a bowl, and top with chia seeds, oats, coconut, and additional frozen Wild Blueberries.
- Drizzle with additional balsamic vinegar if desired.