Flourless Banana Chocolate Chip Mini Muffins
- 1½ cups rolled oats
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup mashed ripe banana (about 2 medium-large)
- ⅓ cup packed brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons canola oil (optional: coconut oil)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ½ cup mini chocolate chips (optional: dark choc. chips)
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Coat a 24-cup mini muffin tin with cooking spray.
- Pulse oats in a blender until finely ground. Add baking powder, baking soda and salt; pulse once or twice to blend. Add eggs, banana, brown sugar, oil and vanilla; puree until smooth. Stir in chocolate chips. Fill the prepared muffin cups.
- Bake until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean, 15 to 17 minutes. Cool in the pan on a wire rack for 5 minutes, then turn out to cool completely.
- Tip: People with celiac disease or gluten sensitivity should use oats that are labeled “gluten-free,” as oats are often cross-contaminated with wheat and barley.
- Serves 18-24 minis