Vegan Buddha Bowl
There’s so much to love here—sweet potatoes, protein-packed chickpeas, avo, creamy tahini dressing.
This easy grain bowl has so much to love—sweet potatoes, protein-packed chickpeas, creamy avocado and homemade tahini dressing. Make the full recipe on the weekend and pack into individual serving containers for ready-to-go lunches for work all week.
- 1 medium sweet potato, peeled if desired, cut into 1-inch chunks
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil, divided
½ teaspoon salt, divided
- ½ teaspoon ground pepper, divided
- 2 tablespoons tahini
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 small clove garlic, minced
- 2 cups cooked quinoa
- 1 15-ounce can chickpeas, rinsed
- 1 firm ripe avocado, diced
- ¼ cup chopped fresh cilantro or parsley
- Preheat oven to 425°F.
- Toss sweet potato with 1 tablespoon oil and ¼ teaspoon each salt and pepper in a medium bowl. Transfer to a rimmed baking sheet. Roast, stirring once, until tender, 15 to 18 minutes.
- Meanwhile, whisk the remaining 2 tablespoons oil, tahini, water, lemon juice, garlic and the remaining ¼ teaspoon each salt and pepper in a small bowl.
- To serve, divide quinoa among 4 bowls. Top with equal amounts of sweet potato, chickpeas and avocado. Drizzle with the tahini sauce. Sprinkle with parsley (or cilantro).
- Serving size: 1½ cups by eatingwell