These Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Bars Are Clean Eating Heaven!
Makes 9-12 small bars
- 1 1/2 cup quick-cooking oats (gluten-free if necessary)
- 1 cup almond meal
- ⅓ cup dried shredded coconut
- ½ cup coconut sugar
- 1 tsp baking soda
- ½ tsp sea salt
- ¼ cup raw honey
- ⅓ cup coconut oil, melted
- 1/2 cup coconut, milk (unsweetened, canned)
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 Tbsp chia seeds
- 3 Tbsp water
- 1/3 cup dark chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 350F, and line a small pan (8×8 or 9×9 or 10×8) with parchment paper.
- In a small bowl, combine chia seeds with water and set aside until gel forms (about 3-5 minutes).
- In medium bowl combine oats, almond meal, shredded coconut, baking soda, chocolate chips and salt. Stir to combine.
- In large bowl, whisk the softened coconut oil and coconut sugar, about 1-2 minutes. Add in honey, vanilla, coconut milk, chia seed/water, and mix until well combined.
- Add dry ingredients to the large bowl of wet ingredients and stir until just combined.
- Press mixture into prepared pan and bake for 18-22 minutes, or until edges have slightly browned.
- Let it cool in the pan for about 1 hour before removing.
- Carefully remove with parchment paper from pan. Using a large, sharp knife cut into squares. by: clean food crush