Hash Brown Bombs
for 4 servings
- 1 small yellow onion, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 5 large russet potatoes
- 1 large egg
shredded parmesan cheese
shredded cheddar cheese
- marinara sauce, warmed, for serving
- fresh parsley, chopped, for serving
- In a large pan over medium heat, heat the olive oil until shimmering, then add the onion.
- Sauté the onion until golden and translucent, about 5 minutes.
- Add the garlic, ground beef, 1 teaspoon of salt, and ½ teaspoon of pepper. Break down with a spatula and cook until brown and cooked through.
- Add the spinach and stir until wilted. Remove the pan from the heat and set aside.
- Peel the potatoes and grate.
- Place the shredded potatoes in a kitchen towel over a bowl and wring out the water.
- In another large bowl, add the shredded potato, egg, remaining teaspoon of salt, remaining ½ teaspoon of pepper, onion powder, garlic powder, and Parmesan cheese. Mix until combined.
- Line a small bowl with plastic wrap.
- Place 1 cup (250 g) of the potato mixture in the bowl and use a spoon to spread the potatoes around the sides of the bowl.
- Sprinkle cheddar cheese on top of the potatoes and add a large spoonful of the beef mixture, being careful not to overfill.
- Pick up the sides of the plastic wrap and close the potatoes, twisting to create a sealed ball.
- Chill for 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 375°F (190°C).
- Place the potato balls on a greased baking sheet and bake for 35-40 minutes, or until the potatoes are crispy and brown.
- Serve topped with marinara sauce and parsley.
- Enjoy! Thanks Tasty for the awesome recipe!