How to Make Guacamole Salad
Turn your favorite dip into a healthy and hearty salad.
This Guacamole Salad is great eaten with rice chips, organic tortilla chips, as a dressing topped over your healthy salad. You can even add it to your baked potato!
Avocados are not just for guacamole, sliced avocados lend a buttery texture and delicious flavor to sandwiches and salads. But the health benefits of avocados are stellar, especially with the lipid content that allows your body to absorb nutrients they wouldn’t otherwise.
Avocados are also very high in essential vitamins and minerals, including fiber, vitamins K, B5, B6 and C, folate, and potassium.
Avocado is one of the few fruits that will provide you with “good” fats. That means it can help keep your cholesterol levels already in the healthy range, and help lower your risk for heart disease.
Avocados are one of the best fruits for your health.
- 1/4 c. extra-virgin olive oil
- Juice of 1 lime
- 1/4 tsp. cumin
- kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1/2 c. black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1/2 c. corn
- 1/2 medium red onion, finely chopped
- 1 jalapeno, minced
- 2 ripe avocados, cubed
- 2 tbsp. cilantro, chopped
- In a small bowl, make dressing: Whisk together olive oil, lime juice, and cumin. Season with salt and pepper. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine remaining ingredients. Toss with dressing until well combined.
- Serves 4-6 Courtesy of Delish