How to Make Homemade Snap Pea Chips
How to Make Homemade Snap Pea Chips in the oven or dehydrator! Have you ever wanted to make your own snap pea chips and save on money? Well, it’s quite an easy recipe. Just season to your liking and pop in the oven or dehydrator. All it takes is 3 ingredients!
Easy and healthy. How to make Snap Pea Chips! Oven baked or dehydrated!
- 3-4 cups Fresh or Frozen snap peas
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1/2 tsp onion or garlic powder
- Optional 3-4 tbsp nutritional yeast (vegan option for “cheesy” taste)
- 2 -3 tsp oil
Lay your snap peas on a paper towel or parchment paper. Blot off any extra water.
Lightly drizzle with oil then Season with sea salt, onion powder, and nutritional yeast. Toss to coat the snap peas then place flat Dehydrate in dehydrator at 135-140F for 8 hrs or so. (Oven dried option below)
Let them sit another hour at room temp before packaging. If you are using fresh vs frozen snap peas, the dehydrating time will be faster, so check around 6 hrs.
Oven Dried Instructions
place seasoned snap peas on baking sheet. Set your temp at 170F and Place tray of snap peas in center rack. Prop the oven door open about 1 inch. You can use a piece of foil that’s bunched up to do that. The cooking time will be shorter, so check around 4 hrs.
Season more once dried if desired. The oven dried chips will be crispy for a day but then lose crispiness after a few days if not dried long enough to begin with.
- For baked version, just bake 350 F 15-20 minutes. Best to flip them over after 10-15 minutes.
- The oven dried will turn out a darker/yellow green in color versus when dried in a dehydrator. They will keep more green hue if dried in dehydrator. Just note that. Recipe by Lindsay Cotter Cotter Crunch