Slow Cooker Corn 3 Ways
It’s just not a summer meal without a side of corn-on-the-cob. So, how do we make sure we can have it every day, even those days when it’s raining or the grill is out of fuel? By breaking out our slow cookers! They’re not just for wintertime stews, after all. Now in warmer weather, they’re helping us make perfectly cooked corn all dressed up in chili-lime, pesto, and salt-and-pepper variations. Watch how easy all three are to make!
– 6 ears corn
– Olive oil
– Lime juice
– Ancho chili powder
- Cut 6 sheets of aluminum foil and place an ear of corn on each one.
- Make the salt-and-pepper variation by brushing the ears of corn with olive oil and sprinkling evenly with salt and pepper. Roll up tightly in the foil and place seam-side up in the crockpot.
- Make the chili-lime version by brushing the corn with olive oil, squeezing fresh lime juice evenly over it, and then sprinkling with Ancho chili powder. Roll up tightly in the foil and place seam-side up in the crockpot.
- Make the pesto corn by brushing the corn with a thick layer of pesto, then sprinkling with salt and pepper. Roll up tightly in the foil and place seam-side up in the crockpot.
- Cook on high for 2 hours in the crockpot until the ears of corn are tender.
That’s it! So easy, and the flavor possibilities are endless. Are you going to try all three? What other tastes do you want to try?
Recipe adapted from The Yummy Life