Parmesan Roasted Broccoli
Parmesan Roasted Broccoli is a quick and easy side dish vegetable that is constantly requested in our house.
Tips for How to Roast Broccoli:
- “Can I use frozen broccoli in place of fresh?” – In order to get the best results, stick with fresh. If you have to use frozen, roast them longer until the moisture has been released.
- “Do I have to use breadcrumbs?” – You can skip the breadcrumbs if you’re trying to avoid gluten, try replacing them with crushed pork rinds!
- “Can I use the canned Parmesan cheese instead of the shredded Parmesan?” – This recipe works best with the shredded Parmesan (freshly shredded is best).
- 6 to 7 cups fresh broccoli florets
- 3 to 4 tbsp olive oil
- 1/4 cup Italian style breadcrumbs
- 1/2 cup freshly shredded parmesan cheese
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with tinfoil and coat with non-stick spray.
- Combine the broccoli and olive oil in a large zip close bag and shake to coat. Add the breadcrumbs, parmesan cheese, garlic powder, salt and pepper to the bag and shake to coat. Use your hands to rub the bag and help the coating to stick to the broccoli.
- Spread the broccoli in an even layer on the baking sheet, picking up any coating that’s on the bottom and dispersing it over the broccoli as needed. Bake for 12 minutes, then stir and flip the broccoli, bake for an additional 10 to 15 minutes, until crisp-tender. Enjoy!
5 min-Prep Time
25 min-Cook Time
30 min-Total Time
Serves 4 to 6
Recipe from: Shawn Syphus