Buffalo-Chicken Celery Sticks
These stuffed celery sticks, packed with zesty Buffalo chicken and tangy blue cheese, make a perfect low-carb game-day snack. The kick of flavor from tangy Buffalo sauce is tempered by creamy Neufchâtel (reduced-fat cream cheese), but you can cut back if the hot sauce is too much for sensitive palates. Drizzle a few drops on the sticks before serving for those who can handle the heat.
- 1 cup shredded cooked chicken breast
- 4 ounces reduced-fat cream cheese, softened
- ¼ cup crumbled blue cheese
- 3 tablespoons hot sauce, such as Frank’s RedHot
- 1 scallion, chopped
- 20 3½-inch celery sticks (from 1 bunch)
- Stir chicken, cream cheese, blue cheese, hot sauce and scallion together in a medium bowl until well combined. Fill each celery stick with a level tablespoon of the filling. Serves 10
- To make ahead: Refrigerate for up to 1 day. By: Hilary Meyer EatingWell Recipe Contributor
Did you know?
This green vegetable belongs to the Apiaceae plant family. The health benefits of celery are due to the excellent sources of beneficial enzymes and antioxidants. Celery is loaded with essential minerals and vitamins such as folate, potassium,vitamin B6, vitamin C and vitamin K.
Celery is also a significant source of butylphthalide, which is anti-inflammatory, and shows promise in decreasing cholesterol and blood pressure, and slowing dementia. While celery can’t be classified as a nutritional powerhouse like the other SuperFoods, it is really a great addition to your diet.